Developed by our Resident Nutritionist, Jan Marie, these No Bake LCM Chocolate Bars look and taste super indulgent, but are a much healthier version than the sugary ones you’d be used to, making them perfect for snacks and lunchboxes.
Visit Nutrition with Jan Marie’s website.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 0 minutes
MAKES: 15-20 LCM Bars
• 1 cup desiccated coconut
• 1 cup puffed rice or quinoa
• 1/2 cup raw organic natural honey or rice malt syrup
• 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• Pinch pink Himalayan salt
• 2 tbsp nut butter ie almond butter (nut free lunch box friendly use hulled tahini or sunflower butter)
• 1/4 cup chia gel
• 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
• Chocolate coating
• 1/4 cup raw organic cacao powder
• 3 tbsp natural organic raw honey or rice malt syrup
• 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
Mix all ingredients for LCM bars in a large bowl and ensure well combined (you may want to mix with your hands). Press firmly into a lined cake or bread tin and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight. Remove from tin and cut into bar shapes. Melt coconut oil and mix with honey and cacao powder. Dip LCM bars into chocolate mix on all sides and refrigerate again for at least 1 hour.